Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission commonly known as UPPSC has conducted the Combined State & Subordinate Services Preliminary Exam on 14 May 2023. This exam is also known as Upper PCS Prelims in the state. The examination is being conducted in multiple exam centres in the state in two shifts. It is reported that more than 5 lakh candidates are participating in the Upper UPPCS Prelims 2023.
The UPPCS Exam is divided into two papers. Paper 1 is conducted as a General Study and paper 2 is for CSAT (Civil Services). Paper 1 is conducted in the morning session while paper 2 is in the evening. This year the UPPSC has changed the pattern of the PCS exam and adopted the UPSC way for the preliminary exam.
We have provided the official answer key links at the end of this page. The answer keys are just for self-assessment of the performance and must not be considered final outcome.
UPPSC Upper PCS Prelims Answer Key 2023 – Examination Details
|Examination type||Preliminary Exam|
|Exam Name||UP State & Subordinate Services 2023|
|State Concerned||Uttar Pradesh|
|Article Category||Answer Key|
|UPPSC PCS Answer Key Status||To be Released|
|Answer Key Notice||Check Here|
As we talked about earlier, Paper 1 is a general studies paper. Paper 2 (CSAT) is a qualifying paper and won’t be considered for preparing merit as in line with the IAS exam conducted by the UPSC.
A candidate must score 33% marks in the CSAT paper to stand eligible for the evaluation of paper 1. Merit for the qualification for the Mains will be prepared according to the score of Paper 1 only.
A few Highlights of the exam are:
- The PCS Prelims Exam is conducted Offline.
- The Prelims Exam is divided into two papers.
- Paper 1 shall be 200 marks.
- Paper 2 shall be considered a qualifying paper.
- There shall be a negative marking of 1/3 marks for each incorrect answer.
- Paper 1 Carried 150 questions while paper 2 only 100.
- Questions asked in the paper are of MCQ type.
UPPSC PCS Answer Key Release Status, Objection Process
The official answer key for the PCS exam has been released after a few days of the exam. The commission has provided the answer key pdf according to the question paper code and candidates can download and match their answer sheets accordingly.
The commission will the candidates to raise objections against the incorrect answers in the answer key by 20 May, evening. The concerned candidates can submit objections online only once asked to submit them by the commission. The commission will accept only valid objections with proof of the correct answer.
Links to download the answer key and objection submission have been provided.
How to Download UPPSC PCS Answer Key for Prelims 2023
To download the UPPSC PCS Prelims Answer Key 2023, the candidates can use the guide written here. Clickable links have also been added for easy access.
- First, open the website uppsc.up.nic.in on the web browser of a smartphone or computer.
- Then in the left sidebar, scroll down to the bottom.
- There you can see Click Here to View Key Answer Sheet.
- Click the same link and you will see State and Upper Subordinate Exam Answer Key.
- Click the link and use login details to download the answer key.
Official Answer Key Links