ugc.ac.in List of UGC Fake Universities – 24 Universities in India are fake which aren’t approved by UGC – Check latest list 2021.
Based on complaints received through students, parents, the general public and electronic print media, UGC has declared 24 self-styled institutions as fake universities. If you’re aspiring for a better career then you must go through the UGC Fake Universities List 2021.
These institutions were working against the UGC Act and have no power to award degrees to students. Uttar Pradesh has the highest number of Eight (8) fake institutions followed by seven (7) institutions in Delhi.
List of Unapproved UGC Fake Universities 2021
The Union Education Minister said, “Based on complaints received through different types of mediums, UGC has declared 24 institutions as fake universities.
In addition, two more institutions – Indian Education Council, Lucknow, UP and Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM), Qutub Enclave, New Delhi are also working in violation of the UGC Act, 1956. The cases of Indian Education Council, Lucknow and IIPM, New Delhi are sub-judice.”
List of Fake Universities in Uttar Pradesh as per UGC Notice
Uttar Pradesh has the highest number of eight fake universities as listed below:
- Varanasi Sanskrit University, Varanasi.
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith, Allahabad.
- Gandhi Hindi University, Allahabad.
- National University of Electro Complex Homoeopathy, Kanpur.
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Open University, Aligarh.
- Uttar Pradesh University, Mathura.
- Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan University, Pratapgarh.
- Indraprastha Education Council, Noida.
List of Fake Universities in Delhi according to UGC
The capital of India isn’t any behind as well. There are seven fake universities in Delhi as shown below:
- Commercial University Limited.
- United Nations University.
- Professional University.
- ADR Centric Judicial University.
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering.
- Vishwakarma Open University for Self-Employment.
- Spiritual University.
There are two such universities each in Odisha and West Bengal. They are the Indian institute of alternative medicine, Kolkata and institute of alternative medicine and research, Kolkata as well as Nava Bharat Shiksha Parishad, Rourkela and North Orissa University of Agriculture and technology.
On the other hand, there is one fake university each in Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Puducherry and Maharashtra, which goes by the following names:
- Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education, Puducherry
- Christ New Testament Deemed University, Andhra Pradesh
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur
- St. John’s University, Kerala
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Karnataka.
Beware of the Fake Universities listed by UGC
Pursuing a degree or diploma takes a lot of time, effort, and money. So, you should carefully check the institution for UGC/NAAC approval before applying for admissions. ugc.ac.in fake university list is available now.