Latest KVPY Exam Pattern & Syllabus PDF 2022: Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a national level scholarship programme which is run by the Indian Institute of Science. This programme is organized to encourage the students to pursue research careers in the Science field. A computer-based exam for KVPY will tentatively be held on 09 January 2022.
In this concern, the exam conducting authority will release the KVPY Admit Card to the relevant aspirants at least 10-15 days before the examination date. Students studying in class 12 and 1st-year students pursuing any undergraduate programme (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in basic science are eligible for this fellowship.
The applications registration for the KVPY programme was held in July-September 2021. Earlier, the exam was scheduled in November 2021, but due to administrative reasons, the exam was postponed and now will be held in January 2022. Here, we will discuss the examination scheme, syllabus and exam pattern of KVPY 2021-22.
KVPY 2021-22 Exam Scheme & Paper Pattern
|Exam Name||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY|
|Organizer Name||Indian Institute of Science|
|Exam Type||Competitive Exam|
|Application Registration Date||July 2021|
|Date of Examination|
|Article Category||Syllabus & Paper Pattern|
In order to get qualified in the exam, aspirants must have proper knowledge about the nature of the exam, examination scheme and compulsory syllabus. Some key points of the KVPY Exam Pattern 2022 are given below:
KVPY Paper Pattern 2021-22 – Exam Scheme
- Exam Date and Shift: The KVPY 2021 exam will be held on January 9, 2022, the SA stream exam will be taking place from 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM and the SB/SX stream exam will be conducted from 02:00 PM to 05 PM.
- Exam Medium/Language: The question paper for KVPY Aptitude will be accessible in both English and Hindi.
- KVPY Exam Sections: The KVPY question paper is divided into two sections: Part 1 and Part 2. Parts I and II each include four parts. These parts are applicable to all three streams. The question paper is divided into four sections: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
- Total Questions: There are 60 questions in Part I of the SA exam, with 15 questions from each section. Part II will have 20 questions, 05 from each area. Part I of stream SB/SX consists of 80 questions, with 20 from each section. Part II will comprise 40 questions, 10 from each section.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) will be included in the paper. All questions in-stream SA are required to be attempted. While the candidates are required to attempt any three parts from Portion I and any two sections from Part II for stream SB/SX.
- Total Marks: The question papers for all of the streams SA, SB, and SX have a total of 100 marks. Each question in Part I is awarded one mark, with 0.25 minus points for each incorrect response. Part II carries 2 marks for each question, with 0.5 minus marks for each incorrect response.
- Duration of Exam: The KVPY Aptitude Test takes 3 hours to complete (for all three streams).
KVPY Examination Scheme
Exam Pattern for SA stream
- The examination for the SA stream will comprise subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- The test is conducted in two parts. The number of questions in part 1 of all the subjects is 60 and part 2 includes 20 questions. It is mandatory to attempt all questions in all the subjects.
- The total marks allotted for the question paper is 100 with a total of 25 marks for each subject.
- The questions are given in English and Hindi languages.
- The duration of the examination will be three hours.
In part 1, each correct answer is given 1 mark and for every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
In part 2, every correct answer is given 2 marks while0.5 marks will be deducted for each wrong attempted question.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Part 1||Part 2|
KVPY Exam Pattern for SB/SX stream
- In the examination, there will be questions on various subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- The examination is conducted in 2 parts. Both parts include questions from all four subjects.
- In part 1, candidates can answer 3 sections (20 x 3 = 60) out of four sections. One mark is allotted for every correct answer and 0.25 marks are deducted for incorrect answers.
- In part 2, they can attempt 2 sections (20 x 2 =40) out of four. Two marks are allotted for every correct answer and 0.5 marks are deducted for incorrect answers.
- Candidates are required to attempt 80 questions in total.
- The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours.
|Part 1||Part 2|