Latest KPSC Syllabus for FDA, SDA Exam 2021 – KPSC Exam Pattern for Technical/Non-Technical Group A, Group B, Group C posts.
The Karnataka Public Service Commission holds the written test for SDA, FDA, ESI, Excise Guard, Group A, Group B, Group C, etc posts each year. There are numerous Group A (Technical), Group B (Technical/ Non-Technical), Group C (Technical) Posts that are notified each year by KPSC.
On the other hand, the commission notifies the recruitment of Excise Sub Inspector, Excise Guard posts that will be filled up with the written test, physical test.
The schedule of the exams is mostly available with the job notification but it is the tentative one. There may be some change in these dates if the commission doesn’t get enough time to make preparations to hold the test.
Post wise KPSC Syllabus 2021:
|KPSC Exam Dates|
|Name of the Post||Date of Exam|
|FDA||23 Jan, 28 Feb 2021|
|SDA||18th, 19th Sep 2021|
|Excise Sub-Inspector (ESI)||–|
|Group A B C||–|
KPSC Group A, B, C Syllabus 2021 – Technical, Non-Tech Exam Scheme
|Objective Type||General Paper||200||1:30 min|
|Specific Paper||200||2 hrs|
KPSC Group A, Group B, Group C Selection Scheme:
- Written examination.
- Personal Interview.
- Documents Verification & Medical examination.
- Environment Science.
- General Knowledge.
- Social Studies.
- Time & Distance.
- Time & Work.
- Problems on Ages.
- Profit and Loss.
- Pipes & Cisterns.
- Data Interpretation
- Boats & Streams etc.
- Idioms & Phrases.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- One Word Substitutions.
- Error Correction.
- Sentence Rearrangement.
- Topics Relating to Current Events.
- General Sciences.
- Indian Society and its Dynamics.
- Social Sciences.
- Indian Constitution and Public Administration.
- History of India.
- Mental Ability
- Practical Knowledge.
- Social changes and Land Reforms in Karnataka after Independence
- Social and Cultural History of Karnataka.
- Rural Development, Panchayat Raj Institutions, and Rural Co-operatives.
- Karnataka’s Economy – its strength and weakness & present status.
- Environmental problems and the Development issues of Karnataka
- The role of Science and Technology for the efficient administration of Karnataka.
- Power Systems.
- Control systems.
- Electrical Circuits and Fields.
- Measurements, Instrumentation and Transducers.
- Electrical machines.
- Computer Control of Processes, Networks
- Industrial Instrumentation.
- Power Electronics and Drives.
- Analytical instrumentation.
- Digital Electronics.
- Digital Signal Processing.
- Communication Engineering.
- Strength Of Materials.
- Fluid Mechanics And Machines.
- Engineering Mechanics.
- Air Compressor.
- Heat Power.
- Manufacturing Process.
- Refrigerator and Air-Conditioning.
- Welding And Allied Processes.
- Machine Tools etc.
- Building Materials.
- Estimating, Costing, and Valuation.
- Transportation Engineering.
- Soil Mechanics.
- Concrete Technology.
- Irrigation Engineering.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Structural Engineering.
- Theory of structures.
- Steel Design.
KPSC Excise Guard, ESI Exam Syllabus, Paper Pattern
The selection process for ESI & Excise Guard posts are as follows:
- Physical Measurement Test.
- Physical Endurance Test.
- Written examination.
- Medical Exam & Documents Verification.
The very first step is the Physical Measurement Test (PMT) in which the candidate’s weight and height must be checked. Those who are eligible as per the mentioned standards will be taking part in PET.
The Physical Endurance Test (PET) consists the various events to check out the candidate’s physical fitness. There will be events such as the 100 Meters race, high jump, long jump, etc. in Karnataka Excise department physical test.
ESI, Excise Guard Written Exam
Candidates who qualify the Physical test shall be called to participate in the written examination which follows the following pattern
Excise Sub Inspector (ESI) Exam Pattern
This written test to have two parts. Part I to have Questions of 50 Marks & Part II to have Questions of a total of 150 Marks. Only Objective type MCQ type Questions shall be asked in the paper.
|I||Essay Writing in English or Kannada||30||90 Minutes|
|Translation of Passage from English to Kannada and Vice Versa||20|
|II||General Studies (Objective Type)||150||90 Minutes|
KPSC Excise Guard Exam Pattern
Same as ESI Written Exam, the written test for Excise Guard posts is also divided into two Parts. Every part of the exam consists of questions for 200 marks. Each part carries the maximum allowed time of 02 Hours.
|Paper I. General English or Kannada||150||2 Hours|
|Paper-II. General knowledge||150||2 Hours|
KPSC SDA, FDA Exam Syllabus, Study Material 2021
Paper 1: Compulsory Kannada
understanding of the subject
|Usage of words||25|
|The brevity of the Subject||25|
|Knowledge of words||25|
|Translation from English to
Paper 2: General English/General Kannada
|Spot the error||Total Marks: 100|
|Fill in the blanks|
|Synonyms and antonyms|
|Idioms & phrases|
|Active & passive voices|
Paper 3: General Knowledge
|History||Total Marks: 100|
Karnataka PSC FDA SDA Exam Pattern
|Name of paper||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper 1 (Compulsory Kannada)||150||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Paper 2 (General English/General Kannada)||100||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|General Knowledge||100||1 Hour 30 Minutes|