Free Laptop Scheme for SC ST Students in Kerala Vidyakiranam Project 2021 by Govt – Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has announced that under the ‘Vidyakiranam‘ project, laptops will be distributed to the students belonging to SC/ST category in the state for online teaching. The Chief Minister said that this would be the first phase of laptop distribution.
Firstly, Free Laptops will be provided to 45,313 students for online teaching in November 2021. In later phases, it will be provided to about 3.5 lakh SC/ST category students of classes 1 to 9 in the state. The Chief Minister said that for the first time in the country, such a Free Laptop Scheme is being launched to enable SC/ST students to study online.
SC/ST Free Laptop Scheme 2021 Kerala Vidyakirnam Project
|Total Laptops||About 04 Lakh|
|Launched by||Pinarayi Vijayan, CM Kerala|
Features of Vidyakiranam Project – Free Laptop Kerala SC/ST Students
- The Kerala Government has started the Vidyakiranam project to aid children who cannot afford digital services during the online studies in the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The State government said digital services and equipment such as laptops or tablets are as important as other learning tools such as pencils, books, and pens. Under this scheme, the laptops will be distributed to the Kerala SC-ST students of Classes 1 to 9.
- The release states that laptops with a three-year warranty and preloaded with Kite’s free software application will be offered to children through school to children who request such equipment on the “Sampoorna” portal.
- For this reason, a memorandum of understanding has been signed between the school and parents, and laptops will be distributed at a cost of 18,000₹ per laptop.
How to register on Sampoorna Portal for Free Laptop Scheme in Kerala
- Visit the Sampoorna Portal through the below link.
- Click on the Register button available on the home screen.
- Fill in the complete details properly.
- Check and verify the details filled in.
- Click on Submit button.
- Print the application form for further use.