CRPF Physical Test- Complete Information for CRPF Syllabus, Constable, ASI, Head Constable Exam Pattern PDF for the selection procedure.
Time by time, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) advertises the recruitment for the constable, ASI (Steno), and head constable posts. For the selection, a physical test plays a vital role. CRPF hosts PST, a Written Test for eligible aspirants every year after the online registration process.
Unlike most of the defence jobs, CRPF Physical Test doesn’t consist of any race or high jump or any other physical activity, the aspirant must meet the required physical standards such as chest and height which is different on the basis of the candidate’s category or the location.
Required Physical Standards for CRPF Recruitment
|Candidate||Height||Chest (Males only)|
|General Category||Male – 170 Cms
Female- 157 Cms
|Un-expended 80 Cms|
|Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras,
Marathas, and the aspirants from Assam, Himachal
Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir.
|Male – 165 Cms
Female- 155 Cms
|Un-expended 78 Cms|
|Candidates from the North
Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh,
Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram,
Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and
Candidates hailing from Gorkha
Territorial Administration (GTA)
comprising of the three Sub-Divisions
of Darjeeling District namely
Darjeeling, Kalimpong, and Kurseong
and includes the following “Mouzas”
Sub-Division of these districts :
(1) Lohagarh Tea Garden (2)
Lohagarh Forest (3) Rangmohan (4)
Barachenga (5) Panighata (6) Chota
Adalpur (7) Paharu (8) Sukna Forest
(9) Sukna Part-I (10) Pantapati
Forest-I (11) Mahanadi Forest (12)
Champasari Forest (13) Salbari Chhat
Part-II (14) Sitong Forest (15) Sivoke
Hill Forest (16) Sivoke Forest (17)
Chhota Chenga (18) Nipania
|Male – 162.5 Cms
Female- 152.5 Cms
|Un-expended 77 Cms|
|Scheduled Tribes||Male- 162.5 Cms
Female- 150 Cms
|Un-expended 76 cms|
|Scheduled Tribes from the
North Eastern States of Arunachal
Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya,
Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura
and Left Wing Extremism affected
|Male- 160 Cms
Female- 147.5 Cms
|Un-expended 76 cms|
The minimum chest expansion of 5 CMS is essential for all the categories. Candidates from various groups who want to avail the benefits of reservation i.e relaxation in chest or height measurement must submit the listed certificates in Annexure-D such as caste certificate, domicile etc.
Important Details about CRPF Medical Test & Physical Test
- Medical Checkup is essential for all. So, the candidates can’t join the force until they get a clean cheat from the medical officials.
- The female candidates need to go through the pregnancy test which is checked through the urine.
- Male candidates may be tested without clothes on in certain circumstances.
- The chest measurement isn’t part of the selection procedure for female aspirants yet they are expected to have well-developed breasts as mentioned in the official brochure.
- The candidate must not have a flat foot, knock knee, varicose vein or squint in the eyes.
What are Knock-Knee or Flat Foot, Squint in Eyes and Varicose Vein?
- Knock-knee or flat foot term is also generally abbreviated as Genu valgum. Kindly, visit this page to have more information about it.
- Varicose Vein (मकड़ी नस) refers to a vein that is twisted and enlarged which is easily shown on the skin (Check Examples).
- When a candidate’s eyes are not straight, it’s called Squint in eyes which is known as भेंगापन in Hindi. (Check Examples).
Directions about Tattoos on the CRPF candidate’s body
- The location of the tattoo must be the non-saluting hand i.e left arm only. A tattoo can be accepted only if it is placed on the inner area of the forearm (kohni). It is allowed neither on the right hand nor the dorsum of hands.
- The Size of the tattoo must not be more than ¼th of the Hand or Elbow.
- If a candidate got the scar mark due to the tattoo removal surgery then he/she is eligible for participation as long as it doesn’t affect the candidate’s physical performance.
CRPF Physical Test Dates / Schedule are announced about a month before the event. We usually update the schedule on the admit card article once the timetable is available for the CRPF PST.
CRPF Selection Process – ASI, Head Constable, Constable Recruitment
(a) Physical Standard Test (PST) and the Checkup of the original Certificates.
(a) Written Examination.
(b) Skill Test (Typing Speed Test or Stenography test).
(c) Medical Examination.
CRPF Written Exam Details
CRPF conducts the written exam for 225 Marks which carries objective type questions only. Although there is no mention of the negative marking in the CRPF Exam in the official notification yet we recommend you confirm it from the administration before rushing in the preparations.
The written test of 150 Minutes (2:30 Hours) is hosted on the basis of the following scheme:
|Section A Hindi/English Language||50|
|Section B General Intelligence||50|
|Section C Numerical Aptitude||50|
|Section D Clerical Aptitude||50|
|Essay, Letter writing||25|
- CRPF doesn’t have any section cut off marks for the written test.
- Candidates can prefer to answer the descriptive part in Hindi or English language on the basis of their choice. The question paper shall be printed in both languages.
The aggregate qualifying marks (minimum) in Part-I of the written exam are divided as per the following:
- General Category: 40% (80 Marks from 200)
- SC/ST/OBC Categories: 35% (70 Marks from 200)
CRPF Typing Test for Head Constable Vacancies: English Typing on the computer is required with a minimum speed of 35 words per minute. OR You can do the Hindi Typing with a minimum speed of 30 words per minute if you prefer.
35 WPM in English and 30 WPM in Hindi reffers to 10500 key depressions/hour in English and 9000 key depressions/hour in Hindi with the average of 5 key depressions for each word on the computer.
CRPF Steno Test for ASI Posts: This Skill Test will also take place on the computer in which aspirants need to pass the following requirements:
- Dictation of 10 Minutes at 80 words/minute.
- Transcription Time is 65 Minutes in Hindi and 50 Minutes in English.